It’s Friday Food day and I’ve created another awesome recipe that I have to share with you today. This is SO good! The chips remind me of blue corn chips you can buy in the store, they are very easy to make and the Guacamole has a ranch dip seasoning mixed into it that makes it really zing. (That was ZING! Not Sing! Just incase you were wondering).
SO – here is the recipe. Enjoy it whenever you are in the mood for a crunchy salty snack and still want to eat healthy too.
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked overnight
- 1 avocado
- 2 chopped green onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tablespoon ranch seasoning (recipe here)
- Juice from one lime
- CHIPS: (This recipe is vey simple and easy to make)
- 1 part chia seeds
- 2 parts water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Dip instructions: Mix all ingredients in a food processor until blended well and add enough water to make it the correct consistency. You can add more if you want to make it into a ranch dressing for salads.
- Chip Instructions: Let chia seeds soak in water and salt for 15 minutes then spread onto a dehydrator sheet and set in dehydrator on low (between 115-119) overnight until dry. Flip it over when the mixture becomes hard on top. (I do this in the morning if it still not dry) Wait until it is crispy and snaps like a chip. Take it out to eat. Yum!
- It is fun to find a healthy snack that tastes good too! When you're in the mood for something salty and crunchy try this one out.